Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Block Beat down!!! YEEE Haww

Faster than a mullet burning out in his camaro, I was ready to get into tearing this motor apart. It's got about 15k miles on it since the last rebuild. I was keeping my fingers crossed everything looked okay inside.

Motor Shot



















Here is a shot of the block with the pistons and rods













Here is a shot of one of the rods. Not sure if this amount of wear is normal?


















All the pistions and rods out now.
















Well here is what I was affraid of, I got a cam lobe that looks like it's chipped off a piece of metal. The lifter looks fine but not sure how this camshaft will do now. This was a great street cam, Ultradyne 280/288 112d. Maybe a new roller or Solid cam for the new motor.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home